Copying a database
Nikolay and Michael discuss copying a database — what the various options are, how to copy large databases, and some pointers on performance.
Here are links to a few things we mentioned:
- pgcopydb (tool by Dimitri Fontaine)
- pg_dump and external snapshots (blog post by Michael Paquier)
- Systems Performance (book by Brendan Gregg)
- Performance troubleshooting methodologies (two part talk by Brendan Gregg)
- Database Lab Engine
- Database branching episode
What did you like or not like? What should we discuss next time? Let us know by tweeting us on @samokhvalov / @michristofides / @PostgresFM, or by commenting on our Google doc.
If you would like to share this episode, here's a good link (and thank you!)
Postgres FM is brought to you by:
With special thanks to:
- Jessie Draws for the amazing artwork