102 Query optimization
Nikolay and Michael discuss the next step of query optimization work — the difficult topic of how to verify your changes won't make other things worse.
Here are links to a few things we mentioned:
- How partial, covering, and multicolumn indexes may slow down UPDATEs (blog post by Nikolay)
- Why Uber Switched from Postgres to MySQL (blog post)
- pganalyze index advisor
- Nancy bot (project is not active)
- pgreplay go
- Real Application Testing on YugabyteDB with pgreplay (blog post by Franck Pachot)
- Database Lab thin clones
- Migrating to Aurora: easy except the bill (blog post by Kimberley Nicholls)
What did you like or not like? What should we discuss next time? Let us know by tweeting us on @PostgresFM or by commenting on our topic ideas Google doc.
If you would like to share this episode, here's a good link (and thank you!)
Postgres FM is brought to you by:
With special thanks to:
- Jessie Draws for the amazing artwork